Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Magesty in the Mundane

There is magesty in everyday life. Sometimes it's something big, sometimes it's taking time to notice the little things.

An example of real life, big time, show of the hand of God, in my life was when my mom was diagnosed with Uterine Cancer (at least the early stages..l pre-cancer). She had second-opinions, everything came back agreeing with the diagnosis, so she had a historectemy. The doctor who performed the historectemy said she didn't need it, as there was no trace... yes, NO TRACE of the pre-cancer cells. There was no indication that anything was wrong with her uterus at all. We had been praying for weeks, thanking God for healing her, and... He did.

If she were the only one that I knew that had that same story, or a slightl veriation of it, then I might chalk it up to coincedence, but I've known at least 5 others who have had that testimony alone. Medicaly verifiable miricles.

But those types of things are easy to see when they happen, and they don't happen in ones life everyday. I'm talking about thos things that happen in everyday life. Like when you get a call from a friend at just the right time to help you get through a tough day. Or, when one of my kids gets up early, just to say goodbye in the morning, and it turns out to be a tough day, and that last hug and kiss serves as a reminder of why I get up and go to work in the morning.

I just want to remind you to take notice of the small things. There are little miricles that happen everyday, they are just waiting to be noticed.

Ultimately, I just want to remind myself to not over look the little things. I have a habit of ignoring the little things in my life, and helping people to achieve big things in their lives. That is just the type of person I am. I have to remember that I need big things to happen in my life as well, and if I want that, I need to recognize and thank God for the little things that happen every day.

No comments: