Monday, June 11, 2007

Godzilla

As mentioned in other posts, I have three sons. In my last post I highlighted the personality of my oldest, and to a smaller degree my middle one.

Today, I want to introduce you to Godzilla, my youngest.

I have nicknames for all of my sons. They all are great boys, but they all can create their own unique brand of destruction. My oldest is the Hurricane. Sometimes when he walks into a perfectly clean room, with in seconds it can be destroyed. He bounces from thing to another as he reaps his destruction. He also loud and in your face, you know he's coming long before he gets there.

#2 is the tornado. He's a lot quieter than #1, for the most part. You may not hear him coming but when he wants to be destructive, watch out, he's just as destructive as the hurricane. Many times he's on the hurricanes heals to enhance the destruction that the both cause.

Now, this blog isn't about the natural disasters, this is about the baby. The bundle of sweetness that has been dubbed Godzilla.

Godzilla is a sweet boy. All three of my kids are. They all have wonderful personallities. This is not about their personalities. This about one part of their personalities that can be fun, but can also cause a headache. For the most part, they are fun.

Yesterday, my lovely wife was scrap booking with some friends. She suggested to me, in her sweet way, that I should take the boys out to eat at a particular restaraunt in the area that offers "Kids eat free" on Sundays. I thought to myself, "Myself? I could really go for a 10oz Mega Fish Sadwich with Tartar and Cocktail Sauce on a Chiabata roll." So I decided to undertake the endevour.

Let me say this, right up front. BIG mistake.

We get to the restaraunt and my oldest two, who have a pretty good grasp of the english language were told to behave and to help daddy out. They did. Afterall, this isn't a story about Hurricanes or Tornado's. However, the baby, who doesn't grasp the language yet and has a rather difficult time conveying what he wants due to the language barrier between babies and adults, didn't get the memo about behaving.

As soon as we sat down, the Godzilla roar began. He proceeded to grab silverware and play drums on the table. When I went to stop him, he just played drums on me until I was able to wrestle the silverware away. Which caused a crecendo in the Godzilla roar. (You wouldn't think that such a big noise could come from such a small body.) After, spilling his water, destroying the table and causing a ruckus you would not believe, the food finally arrived. He settle down long enough for me to strap him in the high chair and eat. There was a total of 4 minutes of bliss that allowed me to get his food prepared and eat my sandwich. Just as I was finishing up, he was finished with sitting, thus begins the roar again. At the same time I'm trying to pay the bill and my cell phone rings. I'm answering the phone, signing the check and getting Godzilla out of his high chair all at the same time. I think I grew an extra set of hands at the time, either that or I was actually loosing my mind.

Anyway, I usher the kids out to the minivan, get them strapped in to their car seets, and start down the road. I get about a mile down the road and check my wallet to make sure I grabbed the card that I had payed with, only to discover that I had left it at the restaraunt. I turned around, went back, parked the van and the waitress comes running out of the establishment (I think she was afraid I'd bring the kids back in.) She gave me my card, I appologized for the path of destruction left by Godzilla and I returned to the van. What did I find in the van? Godzilla, fast a sleep.

It was bliss! I had a little quiet for the rest of my journey, as the other two were not far behind him in slipping into oblivion.

Anyway, yesterday made me realize, I am not equiped to be a single parent and for those of you who are single parents with more than one child, God Bless You, you have the hardest job in the world. Keep up the good work.

Until next time,
Dive Deep!

No comments: