Monday, June 18, 2007

Fathers Day

This is always a weird time of year for me. I'm torn between my past and my present and there is a battle inside of me.

My past is sad, in that I've never known my Father.

My present is very happy, in that I have 3 beautiful boys of my own now.

The conflict over being a Dad and never having an example of a dad is always present on Fathers Day.

I'm not going to write a whole lot. I think that ultimately the best way to describe how I feel is to listen to the latest message from my church. Toward the end of the message, I take time away from the sound board and my recording duties to go up and talk about my past, and my present. I said it much better there than I ever could here.

Here is a link to the podcast for Family Fellowship Christian Center and the actual message.

No comments: