Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Promotion!

Promotion!
 
Well, it's finally happened!  I have been promoted to the position of .Net Practice Director at ConsultUSA in Pittsburgh, PA.
 
This new position has many challenges that I am responsible for accomplishing.  Some of these tasks I will be able to accomplish on my own, but for the vast majority of them, I will need help, from you, my humble, yet dedicated, readers.
 
My first and by far the largest challenge of the new position is to take ConsultUSA from being a Microsoft Partner through the path to becoming a Microsoft Certified Gold Partner.
 
I know, it doesn't sound that difficult, but believe me it is going to be much harder than it sounds.  First we need two Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCP).  We have two already, but only one of them fulfills the next thing that we must gain...
 
Microsoft Competency in Custom Development Solutions (Web Development Specialization).  To get this we also need to acquire three references from current clients.  Well, I'm on site at Giant Eagle and I have been able to get one reference submitted.  This means that I have to get in touch with some of our other clients and get information on other projects that we are doing in other places.
 
The last part of becoming a Gold Partner is to earn 50 Microsoft Qualifying points (for Certified level) and then 120 points for Gold.  This happens when we have more certifications, more referrals and more competencies.
 
These are all things that I need your help, my humble, yet dedicated, reader.  If your place of employ is looking for some good .Net Consultants to come in and help boost your staff, or if you have one or more .Net projects that you would like to have done by an outside consultant, give me a call at 412.963.8621.
 
If you are a .Net Developer in the Pittsburgh, PA area and are looking for an exciting opportunity with the chance to grow, you call as well, we are always looking for solid developers with the desire to learn (we pay for you to be certified as well as give you the opportunity to become a Business Analyst or Project Manager through PMCentersUSA.)
 
In the meantime, I look forward to being of service to you, my humble, yet dedicated, reader!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely a big mountain to climb, good luck getting there!